Translate

Saturday, February 16, 2013

One Potato, Two Potato*

One potato, two potato,
Three potato, four,
Five potato, six potato,
Seven potato, more! 

Most who know me are very aware I am owned by two kitties. Actually they are physically past the kitty stage and should be called cats.

Monday night we had some potatoes with our supper. Unfortunately the bag did not get put back where it belongs (won't say who forgot but it wasn't me.) When I awoke the next morning and descended the staircase I could hear rustling in the kitchen. Odd since I locked the back door. Not wanting to warn a potential intruder, I continued on, my trusty phone in hand (flash set to activate with a push of the thumb just in case I needed to blind someone uninvited to my home.). Here is what I found:




Looks innocent enough doesn't he. However, he is at the far end of the room - here is what he accomplished before he was caught.  

These were on their way to the dinning room far from where he was caught. Upon further inspection I discovered he managed to get one even further - through both rooms, up 13 steps and stashed away behind the door in my craft room. Not sure if he thinks having food nearby will help my crafting attempts or if the poor boy just needs a new toy to play with. 

Lisa Brewer possibly sums up his reasoning with rule three of her "Things My Cat Learned Growing Up" post on her blog.  "Everything found on the floor is mine to sniff. If it smells good, I will eat it. If it does not smell good, it becomes an instant cat toy and will eventually be added to my collection of stuff under the refrigerator, stove or furniture."


Food for thought or in their eyes, simple truth 
"In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats." - English proverb

3 comments:

  1. Bet he thinks this is much more fun than cat television.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes how true is that. It should actually be cats and kids. I am owned by two of each......lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems your cats have a lot of personality - unlike some that just lay around watching birds all day! Also, I think it was very considerate of him to share some with you in your craft room.

    ReplyDelete