Translate

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Finally

Hello world, it's me.

I have tried my darnedest to create like promised. Last week I finished one but have refrained from posting because, if I'm honest, I'm just not happy with the result.

I started with the intention of sending a card to a nephew who enlisted in the Navy and is going through boot camp. This means I needed to stay as simple as possible. I think I stayed to simple and need a finishing touch but have not found it yet, so into the mail it will go.

I started with a stamp from Stampassions called Lighthouse by the Bay. Colored with Prismacolor pencils, rounded the corners and mounted onto a base card stamped with Fun Stampers Journey stamp, Geometric Genius.

It's clean and simple. I welcome thoughts of whether this is too simple and if so, how should it be finished. Don't worry about hurting feelings because you won't. If I don't ask, I don't learn.


I look forward to reading those thoughts!

8 comments:

  1. I love your cars---as you know I love lighthouse. Great coloring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, how are you? I do recall your love for a lighthouse!

      Delete
  2. Great card B. I might have added a Sentiment but that's about it :) don't be too hard on yourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card B. I might have added a Sentiment but that's about it :) don't be too hard on yourself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sentiment thought here as well. Just can't figure out how to do one without throwing off the balance. Thanks M!

      Delete
  4. One never go wrong with a lighthouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Berni! I've been poking about on your blog and I really love your blue frog on the Animals for Kids post. What a variety of styles you use.

    ReplyDelete