Translate

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge 318 - Thanksgiving

Welcome to November and another Tuesday Throwdown challenge.  Challenge 318 and this week's sponsor is My Grafico with a theme of Thanksgiving. I am using their Thanksgiving stamp 4, "So Grateful." 

I printed the sentiment on white card stock and cut with a frame die. I sponged Brilliance inks on the sentiment for a warm look. Since the theme is Thanksgiving, I pulled one of my favorite rubber stamps, "Autumn Harvest" from The Angel Company (out of business.) I stamped the cornucopia onto a scrap piece of card stock with Memento Black. Colored with Copics - rather than list them all, there are photos of the ones used at the end of the post. I then bribed my daughter to fussy cut the cornucopia while I looked for an appropriate color card blank to tie it all together. Yes, I admit I never plan my colors before starting.

Here is the end result.



If you are wondering why I picked "So Grateful" rather than a more traditional Thanksgiving stamp it is because I truly am grateful. Every day. Grateful for my family, my friends, that I can wake up every day and find something good in this crazy world, no matter how small.  The beauty of a night sky, a chance remembrance, a moment of silence...there is always something to be grateful about. Sometimes it may not come easily, but it's attainable.

Thanks for stopping by and comments are always appreciated. I hope to see some entries in the Thanksgiving challenge.  Now, as promised here are the photos of the Copics used.



One cut off is YG63














Parting thought:
     I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.      G.K. Chesterton



4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! What a wonderful job of coloring! Love it! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! What a wonderful job of coloring! Love it! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card and an even more beautiful write-up!! There is something to be grateful for everywhere we look....sometimes we just need to look a little harder than at other times! So grateful that I met you and that we share this love of making cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, until I came over, I didn't realize you COLORED the cornucopia! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete