Translate

Monday, February 20, 2017

PIP Challenge 1708 Feb 20th - Bugaboo Stamps

Oh my, it's February 20th and not only is it time for a PIP challenge, it's my daughter's birthday. Being the smart "old woman" that I am, I decided to combine the two for my post today. I want to thank Bugaboo Stamps for my image Scene it - snails which can be found by clicking the link. Snails hold a special place in our family because of my daughter so I just had to use this for her card.

I had fun using so many Copic colors and yes I made a list. Colors at the end. I think I met my goal to make one (the middle one) stand out from the rest, much like my daughter is a standout. Why she even has glittered eye lashes! The snail, not my daughter...

Since my craft room is fair game to everyone in the house, my daughter saw the image and remarked that she wanted me to color another one for her so she can get a tattoo done exactly like it. I guess that's a compliment not every mother hears. To keep her from figuring out this was going to be her birthday card, I asked her to cut out the image, help me pick the sentiment and ink color. She did an excellent job and I did too because not once did I laugh through the whole process. Why, I was even bold enough to have her glue it all down. I'm telling you it took everything I had not to roll on the floor with tears from laughter.

The background paper is from DCWV "The Green Stack" and I love that the little white line is like a snail's slime trail. Everything is mounted to a piece of Bazzil brown card stock, cut for a finished card size of 6 x 6".

Here is my our finished product and her birthday card.



Copic colors used: Bottom snail E31, Y32, Y35. Body YG91, BG90
  Dotted snail RV52, RV04, V755 (LePlume marker). Body BG13, BG23
  Small snail Y26, CG892 (LePlume marker). Body same as large snail.
  Grass YG06 and blender pen
  Flower Y38, BV34, B60, touch of G0000
  Butterfly C7, C3, Y19, Y13
  Lady bugs R17


I want to wish her the happiest of birthdays and as much joy as she brings to my life. Love you!



Parting thought:  Her smile makes me laugh. 
                           Her laugh is infectious.
                           Her heart is pure and true.
                           Above all, I love that she is my daughter.
                                                            Unknown






3 comments:

  1. Love the card and glad she helped out. Tell her she can come to my house anytime and help me make cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The....best....post....ever!! 😉 So clever. Fantastic card....I love all the brightness, and it is colored so well!! You rock, B!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your daughter had a great birthday. Love the sparkle on the snail shell.

    ReplyDelete