Translate

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge 329 - Heart Strings

It's Tuesday Throwdown time and this week's sponsor is My Grafico. The challenge is to use string, twine, etc. somewhere on your creation. Believe me when I say that truly is a challenge for me. Remember, I am prone to the CAS look when making cards.

My Grafico graciously supplied us with Love Owls for this challenge. Since we are so close to Valentine's Day I  used that as my theme. Colors are on the neutral side allowing the pink to pop.

Did you know that pink means unconditional love and nurturing?

I colored the owl with Copic C1, C3 and C5. The pinks are RV02, RV04. Black colored pencil and Copic Y26, Y32, E84 for the eyes. Talons are Y26 and Y35. Image is cut with a border and the balloons are raised slightly on foam tape. Sentiment stamped in gray ink; hot pink and bubblegum pink pieces of waxy floss are attached to the balloons and knotted. Still a fairly CAS card and I must say, I love the pop from the pink.  What do you think? Comments are always welcome.


Thanks for stopping by (double thanks if you would decide to follow my blog) and don't forget to enter the challenge at Tuesday Throwdown. We love seeing everyone's creativity.



Parting thought:
                             “A dream doesn't die because it has no truth. 
                                   It dies because you fail to nurture it.” 
                                                               Susie Clevenger

3 comments:

  1. Birdie, I love the pink "pop" in your card! Love your coloring.....you always do such a nice job! Great CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your cards! Your color combo is perfect! You rock!

    ReplyDelete