Translate

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge 367 Watercolor

Happy Halloween! I hope everyone in the Midwest stays warm while candy gathering. Today is a challenge for watercolor at Tuesday Throwdown. Doubly special is our sponsor, CraftyGirl Creations who just happens to be a long standing member of the Tuesday Throwdown design team. I am using one of her creations today, Snail.

Normally watercolors give a soft look, however, I rarely do normal 😊. I printed on regular card stock so I had to be careful with the amount of water to prevent paper pilling. I used a brush water pen applied to the tip of my Spectrum Noir AquaBlend pencils to lift color and apply to the image. Since it is such a happy snail, I wanted the colors bolder than normal watercoloring would accomplish so I reapplied in several layers.

The background is watercolor paper, which I saturated with water and used the pencils directly on the paper. Flowers, shrubs and sun were stamped in ink after the paper dried. Snail is mounted to this with 3D Zots. Sentiment right now is just "thankful" as the inside will be decided when I use it and thankful is always a great way to start.


My thanks to CraftyGirl for providing "Snail" for my use; be sure to check out her offerings! Then get your watercolor tools and craft away. As always, don't forget to enter them into Tuesday Throwdown challenge 367.


4 comments:

  1. Hi B, this is gorgeous! I love how you made the snail so bright and cheery! And yes, thankful is always a great place to start!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Birdie. Simply a beautiful and cute card. Love the details, colors, and cute digi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How super cute is this!!! Love that bold, happy shell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! Love the beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete