Translate

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge 372 - Anything Goes

It's Tuesday and time for a new throwdown! Okay, it's really time for a new Tuesday Throwdown challenge and this week it's anything goes. Our wonderful sponsor is Sparkle N Sprinkle. They've been in business for 20 years so you know they're doing something right! They kindly allowed me to pick the image for today's post. Honestly , I can say I got so side tracked looking at all their offerings that 2 hours disappeared from my day. Please check them out along with the TT design team's creations

The image I picked was Christmas Spirit Fairy Digital Set. This set contains black and white images (jpg and png), colored images, 4 sentiments and a cutting file. Bargin!

I printed off a black and white image as needed some coloring therapy. The color palette is from a paper pad my friend Legs sent me and my intent was to use a sheet as background. Didn't happen because I loved how the colors looked on the fairy and didn't want them to compete. She's colored with Copics. The background is Twinkling H2O's. Of course, I twisted my own arm and worked in just a bit of glitter...

The card is so beautiful in person; soft colors, shimmery background and sparkly wings, dress and snowflake. The card blank has a wonderful color shift from pearly blue to silvery gray (which I've discovered is extremely hard to photograph) and a ribbon texture. I'm loading the best I could capture.

Attempts at close ups:
Card Blank

Sparkle

Shimmer
 Promise me you'll check out Sparkle N Sprinkle and create some goodies to enter in the Tuesday Throwdown challenge.

5 comments:

  1. I love this Christmas fairy! What struck me is how beautiful you coloured her and I love those wings...what colour did you use and what medium? Distress inks? Twinkling H2O’s? Just lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely words Birgit. Sadly I didn't keep track of the colors but I used Copics in the red-violet or RV family. I will see if I can recreate and will update reply with the actual numbers. After I colored I did 2 coats of clear Wink of Stella. Love the sparkle it gives. H2Os are the background sky and snowflakes. No Distress Inks.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful card thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the closeups really show the detail much better, especially the sparkle on her wings! Beautifully created and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete